Pcspkr from VM translated into Audio

millerwissen

Feb 21, 2024
So let me try to explain what i'm trying to do, I have a mac mini 2012 it has an onboard speaker connected to the audio card, it does however lack the pcspkr features natively.

What i'm trying to do is simply to have the pcspkr sound from a pfsense vm played over the mac mini speakers, it's the startup chime/boot that tells me the VM is ready, mostly just an extra feature for when you turn the thing on/off headless you know when it's ready to go but it seems to be quite a hassle to get it setup so here i am asking to see if there's anything i'm missing, and no i haven't added any virtual audio devices because i'm obviously trying to get the pcspkr audio not an actual sound card on the vm.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!