Openvz and rc.local

Robert_

Renowned Member
Oct 10, 2010
Hi everybody,

i am not quite sure if this is the right place to put my question. If its not let me know and i will ask it somewhere else.

My question is:

I have added a line to the rc.local of an openvz ubuntu 10.4 template. But the thing just simply wont execute on startup. If i call it direkt via /etc/rc.local the line which is added (ebox start) is executing.
Is there anything special i have to look at or needs to be taken car of to get the rc.local running on startup?

thank you very much in advance.

edit= the log files are telling me the following

Mar 7 18:00:36 zentyal syslogd 1.5.0#5ubuntu4: restart.
Mar 7 18:00:37 zentyal kernel: Cannot find map file.
Mar 7 18:00:37 zentyal kernel: No module symbols loaded - kernel modules not enabled.

Kind regards,

Robert

Last edited:
I have the same problem with the same template :(
Any solutions?

[EDIT]
My problem is only the rc.local not executing (although it is 755 and so should be executed). I don't have the map problem.

NOTE: If I run "/etc/rc.local" from shell, it correctly executes! It just doesn't run at boot
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
I have the same problem with the same template :(
Any solutions?

[EDIT]
My problem is only the rc.local not executing (although it is 755 and so should be executed). I don't have the map problem.

NOTE: If I run "/etc/rc.local" from shell, it correctly executes! It just doesn't run at boot
[/EDIT]

I have the same issue. Did you find a way get around this?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!