No partition on my VM's disk after lvresize!

neilsuk

Feb 17, 2013
Hi,

I have an Ubuntu 12.04 server running under Proxmox 1.8 which has been running fine for a long time. Unfortunately it has almost filled its 250GB disk (RAW i think) and I would like to resize it to 550GB or there abouts. I saw the wiki post at http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Resizing_disks and it looked like all I needed to do was...

lvresize -L+1G /dev/xxxxxx/diskimage (which said it was successful after running the command) Then I ran...
lvchange --refresh -aly /dev/xxxxx/diskimage (which gave no output which I assume means successful)
When I booted in to a GParted live cd iso I was greeted with a 550GB disk completely unallocated! Yep totally empty.

Luckily this was a 'clone' of the the production server, not the live one or I may have had to leave the country in a hurry.

I'm running Proxmox 1.8 and have a DRBD setup so used /dev/drbdvg/vm-xxx-disk1 as the disk image. Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if this is even possible with a DRBD setup? I hope its something simple as the live server is getting desperate for drive space now.

Thank you in advance.

Neil

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!