no keyboard mouse in console

O

osmany

Hello,

I'm new to proxmox. Using mainly vmware.
I create a virtual machine (KVM) and install xp pro with success. Then i try to convert a vmware guest as shown in wiki. Conversion successful and virtual machine boots. But in vnc console no keyboard and mouse. Send ctrl-alt-delete button doesn't work also. I try to migrate with clonezilla but nothing changed.

Is anybody help me?
Thanks,
Osman

Hello,

I'm new to proxmox. Using mainly vmware.
I create a virtual machine (KVM) and install xp pro with success. Then i try to convert a vmware guest as shown in wiki. Conversion successful and virtual machine boots. But in vnc console no keyboard and mouse. Send ctrl-alt-delete button doesn't work also. I try to migrate with clonezilla but nothing changed.

Is anybody help me?
Thanks,
Osman

after migration, a lot of new hardware should be detected and after a first reboot you should have everything - shutdown the XP via Proxmox VE and start again.

the migrated vmware guest is also winXP?

I try stop-start several times. No luck.

Migrated guest is also xp pro and domain member. I think someone should loging to detect any hardware.

Is there any shortcut for this? compatible keyboard driver that i can install at vmware an then convert?

Thanks,
Osman

I try stop-start several times. No luck.

Migrated guest is also xp pro and domain member. I think someone should loging to detect any hardware.

Is there any shortcut for this? compatible keyboard driver that i can install at vmware an then convert?

Thanks,
Osman

login via RDP or install a VNC server inside windows xp!?

:)
I was trying to this. But converted guest doesn't have a network connection. No ping, no rdp etc.
I'm stuck at login page.
I'll try to login with registry hack. But not today, hope next week.

Thanks,
Osman

:)
I was trying to this. But converted guest doesn't have a network connection. No ping, no rdp etc.
I'm stuck at login page.
I'll try to login with registry hack. But not today, hope next week.

Thanks,
Osman

try using rtl8139 network on the KVM guest - this driver is included in winxp.

That was the default. But if it recognize this, xp will attach as a second nic. This means no ip, try to connect dhcp.

Thanks,
Osman

I just successfully migrated a winxp sp3 (domain member, vmware) without any issues.

on the first boot (no login) there is no mouse and no ctrl-alt-del. I just waited about 20 seconds, then the mouse and keyboard works. I logged in, winxp installed some drivers and after the needed reboot everything is ok.

maybe you just need to wait a bit more to the the mouse/keyboard detected from winxp?

You don't have vmware-tools installed in the guest, do you?

Hello,

I wait so long, till xp screen saver activates. No keyboard mouse activity.

Also, as directed migration page, i uninstalled vmware tools from guest and restart several times before convertion.

I'll try to auto login with some registry hack in next week.

Thanks,
Osman

Hi,
carry-inmyshortexperience.

Using Proxmox VE 2.0 RC1:
pveversion -v
pve-manager: 2.0-30 (pve-manager/2.0/af79261b)
running kernel: 2.6.32-7-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.0-60
pve-kernel-2.6.32-6-pve: 2.6.32-55
pve-kernel-2.6.32-7-pve: 2.6.32-60
lvm2: 2.02.88-2pve1
clvm: 2.02.88-2pve1
corosync-pve: 1.4.1-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.8-3
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.7-1
pve-cluster: 1.0-22
qemu-server: 2.0-18
pve-firmware: 1.0-15
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-14
libpve-access-control: 1.0-12
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-11
vncterm: 1.0-2
vzctl: 3.0.30-2pve1
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.0.12-3
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.0-3
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

Iperformeda migration fromphysical toa virtualwindowsserver 2003R2,assteps in thewiki,usingClonezilla.
All right,the system willbootproperly,but the mouseand keyboarddo not work,does not evenCtrl+Alt+ Del.
Itried tostartWindows2003 in Safe Mode,butmouse andkeyboard do not work.
ThenIbootedtheinstallation CDof WindowsandI runa restore,afterthe mouseand keyboardfunctionedproperly.

Lorenzo

Hi,

thats exactly my problem. No Console access, no network.

VMWare tools are uninstalled.

Windows XP SP3

PHP:
pve-manager: 2.0-59 (pve-manager/2.0/18400f07)
running kernel: 2.6.32-10-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.0-63
pve-kernel-2.6.32-10-pve: 2.6.32-63
pve-kernel-2.6.32-7-pve: 2.6.32-60
lvm2: 2.02.88-2pve2
clvm: 2.02.88-2pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.3-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.8-3
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.7-2
pve-cluster: 1.0-26
qemu-server: 2.0-38
pve-firmware: 1.0-15
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-26
libpve-access-control: 1.0-18
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-17
vncterm: 1.0-2
vzctl: 3.0.30-2pve2
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.0.12-3
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.0-9
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

boot in safe-mode, maybe it detects the missing hardware again?

I've tried this several times without luck.
The strange thing is the machines is on 100% CPU. I've waited 24 Hours but no console access and still 100% cpu.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!