No internet on LXC or Vm on proxmox Nested on Vmware workstation 15

Michael S Ortega

Aug 19, 2018
Hello guys, im playing around with proxmox so decide to utilize Vmware to install it, everything works good, however my VMS or LXC are not connecting to the internet, i used all the Network option available on the VMware settings and still not working... all Vms and LXC uses the host dns settings. what could be wrong ? any idea. thank you

Try send ping to;

proxmox host IP ( if you get response your Proxmox config should be correct )
network GW IP ( if you get response your network not have problem, promlem not only problem security issue also problem :) )
google DNS IP ( if you get response your router allow LXC container internet connection )
ping www.google.com ( if you get response your local DNS working )

from your LXC container..

if you can not get any response from that step then you will be error on that system..

So proxmox interface IP was response you am I right... but you can not ping next one ? could you sen to your network configuration page picture to here...

Yes that is, also you configuration is ok... Can you check autostart as "yes" and can you restart proxmox server.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!