NFS share lost mnt point -> problems

Aug 13, 2021
Hi,
i had lost my NAS. From the Proxmox 7 und 8 nodes the NFS Share was dead. After repair the NAS and recreate the NFS Share the nodes wantn't reconnect to the share. Under /mnt/pve i checked the share. It was not possible to delete oder recreate the share. After a reboot it was possible to do delete the folder and recreate the mountpoint. Undefined state of the mointpoint check the picture.

kind regards
Mike

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    778 bytes · Views: 7
By default PVE will use "hard" option when mounting NFS:
Code:
Determines the recovery behavior of the NFS client after an NFS request times out.
If neither option is specified (or if the hard option is specified), NFS requests
are retried indefinitely. If the soft option is specified, then the NFS client fails
an NFS request after retrans retransmissions have been sent, causing the NFS client to
return an error to the calling application.

In addion, the fact that you rebuilt the NAS means that FSID has changed:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/ques...re are at least three possible trouble spots:

That means the recovery is not possible at this point without a remount or reboot of a client. Those are manual intervention options.

Its not clear from your post whether there is an ongoing issue or you are just wondering what happened.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Sorry for the confusing Post. With the FSID is clear. The problem was the Web GUI. I had removed the Storage successful and recreate it. That i got error message. I had expected that the button "Remove" are remove all the staff and if Remove don't remove all it would nice to get a hint. But its not a big thing. Just a hint

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!