NFS not showing dimension

andmattia

Feb 13, 2024
I've add my NFS (basaed on OpenZFS) to my PVE and works fine.

If I do a df -h i see correct dimension (available and used space) but from UI I see
1708950523929.png

on tree

1708950575425.png

CIFS partition is on same system and I can see dimension.

This is the output

```
nfs: NAS_HA
export /pool_1/migration/
path /mnt/pve/NAS_HA
server 10.10.10.10
content iso,backup,images
prune-backups keep-all=1

/// removed other

nfs: NAS_vm_disk
export /pool_1/virtual_disk/
path /mnt/pve/NAS_vm_disk
server 10.10.10.10
content snippets,iso,rootdir,vztmpl,images
prune-backups keep-all=1
```

Ok I can try but not so simple. I can try in one node off the cluster but not in all nodes. Do you think is enough?

Ok I can try but not so simple. I can try in one node off the cluster but not in all nodes. Do you think is enough?

If answered me then i would say it depends. If other nodes in the cluster are find and does not have question mark next to the storage logo, then yes. You only reboot the server the has question mark next to the storage.

If you had a chance to review the thread I posted earlier, you probably saw that all other forum members who experienced this symptom found underlying problem in their infrastructure/network. Whether it was an IP resolution, routing, etc.
I recommend that you review the logs one more time, then follow up with :
showmount -e [nasip]
rpcinfo [nasip]
basic network troubleshooting: ping, traceroute, MTU, etc.

Proxmox is using Linux Kernel and standard Linux NFS tools to query/talk to NFS, it would be very unusual for Linux to get into a situation where NFS issue is resolved by rebooting a host.

Good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

If you had a chance to review the thread I posted earlier, you probably saw that all other forum members who experienced this symptom found underlying problem in their infrastructure/network. Whether it was an IP resolution, routing, etc.
I recommend that you review the logs one more time, then follow up with :
showmount -e [nasip]
rpcinfo [nasip]
basic network troubleshooting: ping, traceroute, MTU, etc.

Proxmox is using Linux Kernel and standard Linux NFS tools to query/talk to NFS, it would be very unusual for Linux to get into a situation where NFS issue is resolved by rebooting a host.

Good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

I agree with you on how NFS works... However, there are times where thee NFS Share was working and when it is suddently gone or for a period of time it does not reconnect even though the NFS share is online again.

I agree with you on how NFS works... However, there are times where thee NFS Share was working and when it is suddently gone or for a period of time it does not reconnect even though the NFS share is online again.
there will be messages in the log or some sort of indication of the problem. It doesnt happen in a vacuum.
Restarting the services as suggested in comment #6 might kick PVE to re-probe the share. However, running other commands from #11 will be helpful as well.

Reactions: homelabenthusiast

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!