New cluster - storage solution

We will probable reroute from VMware to Proxmox too and the SAN topic makes me headache. We will need to buy additional storage, however I cannot find anything really about the Blockbridge. No reviews, no independent opinions, no configuration guides, nothing. No prices.

I still prefer price lists.
So do I.

But that is probably difficult for them, since their structure is complicated AFAIK. In the end I believe its @per TB + subscription. I've never used them, but have only heard good things from others.

Last edited:
We will probable reroute from VMware to Proxmox too and the SAN topic makes me headache. We will need to buy additional storage, however I cannot find anything really about the Blockbridge. No reviews, no independent opinions, no configuration guides, nothing. No prices.

I highly recommend contacting them if you have a real need and budget for storage. They are a legitimate company that provides high-quality solutions and support. It is not a boxed product that you just buy off the shelf. Storage is generally complicated. Blockbridge will help with design, configuration, installation, and HA validation. They also perform remote installs.

There have been quite a few positive comments regarding Blockbridge in this forum. They have solutions for high-end configurations, including OpenStack, Kubernetes, VMware, and Proxmox, which is likely why you see little in terms of reviews (it's not for home-labbers). They have a proper Enterprise product for datacenter applications. They monitor the health of systems remotely and respond to critical issues 24/7. So it's not just a boxed product but also a service (not SaaS—they provide support and monitoring). You aren't going to pick this up at CDW or Newegg...

When it comes to pricing, my own experience is that Blockbridge offers a very fair price for the solution's performance, quality, reliability, support, and functionality. Software and support are priced per TB per month. There are several different tiers and pricing models to fit different deployment scenarios. They are very transparent on the pricing. I think the sheer flexibility of their pricing is why it's not just on their website. It is not a low-cost product, but what robust storage solution with good support is? We have been through every nightmare scenario with other solutions (at least 5 of them), and I can say, without a doubt, that I would buy Blockbridge every time now and ignore other solutions on the market. I'm never willing to take the risk again. FWIW, we run CEPH for cheap and deep (i.e., object storage) and Blockbridge everywhere where performance and reliability matter.

Regarding documentation, they have extensive documentation and tuning resources for Proxmox in their knowledge base (I think there are links on their main webpage). That being said, their solution seamlessly integrates with Proxmox. You don't even have to interface with their system once installed. From my own experience, everything works flawlessly in PVE.

Looking back at this post, I initially responded about a year ago. I can update you that another year has passed with 100% uptime on all our deployments, including Proxmox.

I highly recommend contacting them if you have a real need and budget for storage. They are a legitimate company that provides high-quality solutions and support. It is not a boxed product that you just buy off the shelf. Storage is generally complicated. Blockbridge will help with design, configuration, installation, and HA validation. They also perform remote installs.

There have been quite a few positive comments regarding Blockbridge in this forum. They have solutions for high-end configurations, including OpenStack, Kubernetes, VMware, and Proxmox, which is likely why you see little in terms of reviews (it's not for home-labbers). They have a proper Enterprise product for datacenter applications. They monitor the health of systems remotely and respond to critical issues 24/7. So it's not just a boxed product but also a service (not SaaS—they provide support and monitoring). You aren't going to pick this up at CDW or Newegg...

When it comes to pricing, my own experience is that Blockbridge offers a very fair price for the solution's performance, quality, reliability, support, and functionality. Software and support are priced per TB per month. There are several different tiers and pricing models to fit different deployment scenarios. They are very transparent on the pricing. I think the sheer flexibility of their pricing is why it's not just on their website. It is not a low-cost product, but what robust storage solution with good support is? We have been through every nightmare scenario with other solutions (at least 5 of them), and I can say, without a doubt, that I would buy Blockbridge every time now and ignore other solutions on the market. I'm never willing to take the risk again. FWIW, we run CEPH for cheap and deep (i.e., object storage) and Blockbridge everywhere where performance and reliability matter.

Regarding documentation, they have extensive documentation and tuning resources for Proxmox in their knowledge base (I think there are links on their main webpage). That being said, their solution seamlessly integrates with Proxmox. You don't even have to interface with their system once installed. From my own experience, everything works flawlessly in PVE.

Looking back at this post, I initially responded about a year ago. I can update you that another year has passed with 100% uptime on all our deployments, including Proxmox.
It all sounds good, unfortunatelly, it will compete with Synology UC3200/UC3400 which we have currently as the storage for VMware cluster. Finally, I am a bit afraid at the end the VMware will be still cheaper paired with Synology, then Proxmox with Blockbridge ....

It all sounds good, unfortunatelly, it will compete with Synology UC3200/UC3400
why is that unfortunate? if you were intending to use your existing storage devices, you should have asked about that instead; yes, the UC3200/3400 will work fine with proxmox albeit without thin provision/snapshot support. If you were asking seriously, all relevant data is available on their website, price notwithstanding.

why is that unfortunate? if you were intending to use your existing storage devices, you should have asked about that instead; yes, the UC3200/3400 will work fine with proxmox albeit without thin provision/snapshot support. If you were asking seriously, all relevant data is available on their website, price notwithstanding.
the snapshots not available for iSCSI is the problem

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!