My first install of Proxmox 8.2 on an Intel NUC - no success

As a data point, there seem to be several people having problems with the Proxmox 8.2 ISO installer... but when they go back to the Proxmox 8.1 ISO installer things work ok.

Not sure if that's useful information now though, as you've taken a different path for installing things... ;)
I also tried 8.1 ISO many times. Both versions did not work for me. But know I am just interested to know how Proxmox would partition my single disk to try to do the same (or almost) manually.

Ahhh. Does your system use a BIOS, or does it boot from UEFI?

Proxmox seems to lay out the disk structure for things a bit differently depending upon that.

Ahhh. Does your system use a BIOS, or does it boot from UEFI?

Proxmox seems to lay out the disk structure for things a bit differently depending upon that.
It supports both, I have latest firmware for Bios and also tried both. I spent about 10 days trying all combination of settings, version 8.1 and 8.2, media, flashing mechanisms (dd, bakena, rufus, ventoy), running Ram and integrity checks. Also found many reports of ppl here having same issues.

After doing some more search, I started believe in my case performance would be better without LVM since it is an abstraction layer for flexibility. A single ext4 partition offers direct access to the disk without the overhead of an abstraction layer. This can result in slightly better raw performance for I/O operations since even with low there is some overhead added by LVM.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!