Multiple versions of Proxmox on server boot

Jan 26, 2021
When starting a server with proxmox ve 6.4 installed, several versions are released for download.
Why is it so and, as a rule, when I select the latest version, after downloading after a while it freezes.
You have to reboot and select the oldest version.

I'm not sure I follow. Have you installed Proxmox VE and are now having trouble updating the system? Or are you having trouble booting the system?

Good afternoon.
Here's the thing:
I have Proxmox installed with UEFI.
Several virtual machines were sliced on windows server 2019.
When you install updates from the repository, sometimes it asks to restart the server.
When I reboot, 4 lines come out with a choice of loading:
3 lines indicating the version of proxmox in my opinion and 4 lines of loading associated with the Proxmox shell.
I always choose the oldest version of Proxmox in terms of numbers, since it loads and works stably, if I choose the newest, after a while Proxmox just freezes. I don’t know what it’s connected with.

Good afternoon. In the attachment there is a photo of the download options. It pops up every time you restart Proxmox. The courses are always installed on the latest version.WhatsApp Image 2021-10-27 at 15.15.19.jpeg

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!