many error on HDD for Pool or HDD is uncorrectable ?

luca63

Jul 9, 2023
evening everyone , I have to ask for help because I am going crazy.Last night I created a new pool called hdd1 , configured everything and backed up the data from my mac via Vorta.After all this I shut down , removing the power supply connector to the zimaboard.This afternoon I said to myself I will add a dir to the backup and run zimaboard and Vorta again. Fortunately having connected a video video to the port I get stuck with a "Failed Import ZFS pool hdd1" The system advises me to do "systemctl status-import@hdd.service "Which I am about to do , but I find that the whole PV machine remains with a question mark and is practically unreachable.I then try hot unplugging the 3 hds I had used to back up, I remain unreachable, but on the video connected directly to the ZIMA something moved , a series of strange numbers.
I decide once again to turn the ZIMA off and on again, by doing this I can connect it and try to hot-reconnect one HD at a time. From the video you can read that the HDs are recognized one by one while also maintaining the order (sdc-sdd - sde) but at the end of the day, and at this point, I don't know if it corresponds to the last HD (a new one), it results in a error on sde, yes on the last one inserted, I/O error.WARNING :pool 'hdd1' uncorrectable I/O failure and has been suspended
.......I don't know what I can do........help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!