Management interface

etu

Mar 14, 2024
Hello,

I'm new to Proxmox, and I would like to set up my management interface on a separate VLAN, as currently recommended. Here's my current configuration: I'm connected to a switch where I haven't modified anything (no trunks, VLANs, etc.), and I'm connected via Wi-Fi to the network 192.168.178/24. Will the following configuration will work?

Attachments

• conf after.png
    conf after.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 12
  • config actuelle.png
    config actuelle.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 12
Hello,

Your first screenshot looks cropped.

I would personally recommend to use CIDR notation, e.g. use `/23` instead of specifying a netmask.

Note that you cannot have more than a single gateway in your config. Most likely, this will not work.

In any case if you don't have any important guest running you can just make backups of the previous config, reload the config with `ifreload -a` and rollback or fix the config if the network cannot be started or does not behave how you would expect it to.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!