[SOLVED] LVM-Thin Empty But Guest Disk Acting Full

dillingspam

May 14, 2023
Hi, I created an LVM-Thin pool on a usb-sata adapter connected 4TB hdd. I added a 3.97TB Disk on the pool to a Ubuntu VM then partitioned it GPT ext4 for the full space. PVE shows the pool as empty and df as well, however whenever I try to copy or rsync to the mounted disk it says the destination does not have enough space even if its a tiny file when lsblk and df show there are multiple TB free. Any ideas whats going on? I have tried wiping and repeating a few times now.

Last edited:
What are the permissions like on the destination folder? Do normal copies through the CLI work, "cp testfile.txt /path/to/disk/"?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!