[SOLVED] local-lvm not showing up on one server.

Tictac

Apr 6, 2024
I set everything up and added it to the cluster. Now it doesn't show up the Local-lvm for the new server I added.
Did a
pvesm status

and this was the response back. It is showing disabled. How do I enable. Also Main shouldn't be there as that was there before I wiped and reloaded this server. Any help is appreciated. Below is the results

file /etc/pve/storage.cfg line 23 (skip section 'ESXIR630'): unsupported type 'esxi'
file /etc/pve/storage.cfg line 29 (skip section 'ESXITemp'): unsupported type 'esxi'
Name Type Status Total Used Available %
Main lvmthin disabled 0 0 0 N/A
Volume lvm disabled 0 0 0 N/A
local dir active 98497780 2529864 90918368 2.57%
local-lvm lvmthin disabled 0 0 0 N/A

file /etc/pve/storage.cfg line 23 (skip section 'ESXIR630'): unsupported type 'esxi'
file /etc/pve/storage.cfg line 29 (skip section 'ESXITemp'): unsupported type 'esxi'
I'm thinking server/s are not updated to latest - to enable correct ESXi import/s (so also as a Storage type)
Have you gone through this.

Looks like your 'local-lvm' is disabled. Check '/etc/pve/storage.cfg' to enable it. Remove the unnecessary "Main" entry. Restart Proxmox services after changes.

Ok so messing with it I think I goofed. I removed the server that I was going to add into the system and just have the one server now as while modifying the /etc/pve/storage.cfg I think I messed something up. Currently The main server doesn't show the local-lvm in the list of the GUI. Now when I go into the disk it shows up. I'm currently not wanting to reboot the server as I wan't to ensure everything is up and showing up correctly first to try everything again.

Here is the currently file as I pull it up with out it being in cluster.

root@R730:~# cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
dir: local
path /var/lib/vz
content backup,vztmpl,iso

lvmthin: local-lvm
thinpool data
vgname pve
content rootdir,images
nodes R730

lvm: Volume
vgname Volume
content images,rootdir
nodes R720
shared 0

thinpooldata
vgname pve
content rootdir,images
nodes R720M

esxi: ESXIR630
server 172.16.1.47
username root
content import
skip-cert-verification 1

esxi: ESXITemp
server 172.16.1.51
username root
skip-cert-verification 1

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 3
I'm thinking server/s are not updated to latest - to enable correct ESXi import/s (so also as a Storage type)
Have you gone through this.
I will say yes you where right I didn't update the new server before adding to the cluster. Right now going back to a clean slate. Then backtrack where I'm going wrong.

Ok so update I did get my drive back up for the main server with local-lvm, but I have again when I add the new server it removed local-lvm on that server. When I go to add information in to the cfg file it starts removing both local-lvm locations. Here is the information that /etc/pve/storage.cfg is showing.

dir: local
path /var/lib/vz
content vztmpl,backup,iso
shared 0

thinpool data
vgname pve
content images,rootdir
nodes R730

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 1
Playing with it, seems to be that it wont allow the servers to have the same name since the last update. I figured out how to get the drive in, going through the data center.

Now on to the next step to figure items out to work on balancing out my servers and then move the last server over.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!