Issues with Realtek Ethernet

darin755

Apr 18, 2024
So I have a machine that has a Realtek ethernet adapter that randomly stops working on the stable versions of the Proxmox kernel. Previously I ran btrfs and had kernel 5.15 pinned so did not have a problem. However, I did a reinstall in order to switch to ZFS and now when I try to switch to a older I just get a failed boot as the ZFS version changes and apparently the newer version of ZFS has features that are not supported.

Anyone know how to properly downgrade the kernel? Also, is there a way to switch to the stock Debian kernel?

You shouldn`t. Upgrades of the Debian kernel will conflict with the PVE kernel and then all PVE packages will be removed.
Good to know. Right now I am just running the latest Proxmox kernel so that I can get the details of when it fails. This is a newer kernel than what I have tested so it is also possible that the problem was fixed.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!