issue installing proxmox 8.2 with custom built

pepebena

Apr 29, 2024
Good Morning,

I have the following PC configuration:

Kingston Fury Beast, DDR5, 32 GB, 6000MHz, CL36 (KF560C36BBEK2-32)
MSI PRO Z790-A MAX WIFI
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070
Procesor Intel Core i5-14600KF, 3.5 GHz, 24 MB, BOX (BX8071514600KF)
SSD 1TB Crucial / 2 TB lexar nm710

I managed to run the installer after editing "E" boot and removing "silent" installation and add "nomodeset".

However, when tried to start, it is just stuck on "Found volume group ´pve´ using metadata type lvm2".

So i run again removing "silent" to see if i found any errors but it is just stuck in second image.

Only see...
cfg80211: failed to load regulatory.db
MXM: GUID detected in BIOS

I already verified that in the BIOS is enabled "Virtualization technology" and disabled secure boot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_3232.jpeg
    IMG_3232.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3233.jpeg
    IMG_3233.jpeg
    735.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi Moayad,

Thanks for getting back to me.
I already tried to install this version without success but... I tried again maybe 3 times:
1) By clicking "E" and replacing quit for "nomodeset" and seems that it got stuck...

2)I tried to use graphical debug doing the same ,editing quite for nomodeset and seems it did not work.

3)I use debug again to see if i can see error but this time the installer appeared.. gave me some error but i keep pressing "Control +D" to continue and it works!

Thanks for the help! Not sure why it was not working previously...honestly i think i did the graphical edit to nomodeset 5 times if not more, also using different versions until now that i tried three different in this version "8.1"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!