iscsi with 2 nodes, 1.9 and 2.3

psauxw

Renowned Member
May 2, 2012
Hello!

I'm in the process of migrating some KVM on iscsi from a proxmox 1.9 node to a 2.3 node.
I read here that I can connect 2 nodes on a single iscsi lun... I'm just wondering if I can simply add the iscsi on the proxmox 2.3 via the web interface without any danger of erasing the iscsi lun (around 30 KVM on it, in production)

How am I gonna be able to use the existing LVM on the proxmox 2.3? Is it possible?

Thank you very much for your time

well, here is a better question...

can 2 proxmox server (not in a cluster) connect to the same LUN and same LVM on the lun and be able to run 1 kvm each on that same LUN? would there be a danger of corruption of the LUN?

Should work as long as you do not modify the LVM group (create/delete LVs), and access LVs from only one node.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!