IOMMU / resource mappings help

RJT

Aug 17, 2023
Working on IOMMU for Intel iGPU and got it working okay, but didn't like the fact that locked me down to a host. So playing with resource mappings, that looked like it at least got me offline migrations if I mapped it on my two primary hosts. Problem is, I cannot get my VM to load i915 drivers and quicksync fails. The two PVE hosts are a 12th gen and a 13th gen. I'm mapping 2 of my 7 VFs to the VM. It sees them both, but both go unclaimed.
lshw:
*-display UNCLAIMED
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Raptor Lake-P [Iris Xe Graphics]
lspci:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake-P [Iris Xe Graphics] (rev 04)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake-P [Iris Xe Graphics] (rev 04)

So it sees them. Modprobe i915 does nothing. Nothing in dmesg for i915. Is there a trick to getting the VM to recognize these as intel and loading i915?

edit - VM guest is Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS / 5.15.0-83-generic

TIA
-R

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!