Installing R1Soft CDP 3.0 Agent into Proxmox

marco114

Dec 8, 2008
Here's a quick how to for installing the latest R1Soft CDP 3.0 Enterprise Agent into Proxmox. I figured I'd share if someone else is wanting to do it...
Note you might have to change the version numbers based on what's new..

install kernel headers and unzip:
Code:
apt-get install pve-headers-`uname -r` unzip

download r1soft agent: (3.14 at the time of this writing)
Code:
wget http://download.r1soft.com/d/enterprise-agent/3.14.0-linux64/R1Soft-EnterpriseAgent/R1Soft-EnterpriseAgent-linux64-3.14.0.zip

unzip R1Soft:
Code:
unzip R1Soft-EnterpriseAgent-linux64-*.zip

change into directory for debian 64
Code:
cd deb-linux64/

install r1soft
Code:
dpkg -i *.deb

it "should" work after this point, if not compile the module:
Code:
r1soft-setup --get-module --no-binary

i had to use this command twice to get it to start
Code:
/etc/init.d/cdp-agent restart

you can verify it's running by this command
Code:
ps aux | grep cdp

Regards,
Marc
Falcon Internet

Last edited by a moderator:
you can install unzip just with apt-get (apt-get install unzip).

Nice, I just started to look at R1soft a couple of days ago and now I also find it in this forum regarding proxmox. Are you happy with the R1soft backup solution and how does it work when backing up VM's?

I have used it allot. Good product bar one issue.

Every time proxmox goes up a revision - it breaks the the Cdp system. Current state of play is that CDP3 and proxmox 1.9 do not work with each other!

I have now scrapped Cdp server and setup backups using bacula with scripts to do an lvm snapshot and delete before and after the backup.

This is proving very reliable and effective.

Only reason for this is the frustration caused by my backups being broken for a week or two at a time whenever proxmox upgrades! But to be fair... r1soft are very responsive and do sort it out!

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I´m new on Proxmox and Proxmox Forum. I´m use R1 Soft on two servers and both presents error on HCP driver.
The R1 Soft support told me that the problem is Kernell Headers. Response below :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The issue is that the running kernel, 2.6.32-19-pve, does not match the source being installed with `apt-get install pve-headers-2.6.32-19-pve` - They are not the same. This can happen even if the running kernel and kernel source have the same numerical value (e.g. both are 2.6.32-19-pve), if they use different configuration options. You will need to contact the provider (Proxmox) of the kernel and kernel source to retrieve the correct kernel source with the correct configuration compared to the kernel that is truly running at this time. There are not other means except for this to resolve the issue with the kernel running and the kernel source being installed via apt-get.

Regards,
Bryon Elston
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone can help me ?

Thank you

check if you got the rigth kernel header package.

post the results of 'pveversion -v'

Tom

thank you. Result below:

pveversion -v
pve-manager: 2.0-54 (pve-manager/2.0/4b59ea39)
running kernel: 2.6.32-19-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.3-96
pve-kernel-2.6.32-10-pve: 2.6.32-63
pve-kernel-2.6.32-19-pve: 2.6.32-96
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.4-4
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.93-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.9-1
pve-cluster: 1.0-36
qemu-server: 2.0-33
pve-firmware: 1.0-21
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-49
libpve-access-control: 1.0-26
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-16
vncterm: 1.0-4
vzctl: 3.0.30-2pve2
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.0-8
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

I see two kernel-headers but I´m use this ( pve-kernel-2.6.32-19-pve: 2.6.32-96 ) to install R1 Soft Agent.

Thank you again

I am sorry but I do not know this commercial third party software.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!