Installation

cmubyt

Jun 27, 2023
While installing Proxmox then I get this (screenshot https://ibb.co/KhW7fjw). I have tried different rufus and Proxmox version, but still the same result. Any idea why this happens?

Last edited:
I have some old HP DL380 G6 servers, and I started having a problem after 7.2 where when I clicked on 'Install Proxmox VE' at the first menu, the screen would go blank. I was hoping that this problem would go away with version 8.0, but it still persists. My solution was to select 'Advanced Options' at the first menu, and then select 'Install Proxmox VE (Console Mode - nomodeset)'. After this you can follow the prompts to install the system without a problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!