Installation using devfs

wegu

Sep 24, 2005
I am trying to install Proxmox on a server that uses a SCSI raid. After having resolved the VGA card issue (the onboard VGA does not support VESA 2.0, so we installed a second VGA), we are running into a problem partitioning the HDs.

Proxmox loads devfs and detects the array on /devfs/discs/disc0. However, partitioning does not work, as the installer tries to partition

/devfs/disc/disc0

instead of

/devfs/disc/disc0/disc

This appears to be an error in the proxmox installing utility.

Devfs exhibits the whole disc at /devfs/disc/disc<x>/disc and allows partitioning on that node. After that, the individual partitions are available at /devfs/discs/disc<x>/part1, /devfs/discs/disc<x>/part2, ...

Could you please modify the installing utility to handle this situation? Please get in touch with us, as we have a small time window to install the solution.

Thank you very much!

Jörg Bliesener

Hi Jörg,

I found the bug in our installer, but it is inside some code normally not triggered. So please can you give me some further information abou your Hardware:

- what kind of SCSI controller do you use?

- what is the Major:Minor number of disk0 (ls -l /devfs/disc/disc0/disc)

- is ther a corresponding block device in /sys/block/ (ls -l /sys/block)

Best regards,

Dietmar

Hi, Dietmar!

Could you please get in touch with me by eMail? I have some information that is not appropriate to post via the board.

Regards

Jörg

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!