Installation on RAID1 fails

GreenManOSx1

Feb 16, 2024
Hello Experts,
I am trying out Proxmox first time. I have a Fujitsu RAID1 server, and was trying to wipe clean and replace the server with Proxmox
The installation from a USB goes through perfectly fine, no blocks, and then after it restarts, all I see is a black screen

The order is -
Restart > screens showing loading RAID (can go to LSI screen here) > screen showing loading system (can press F2 to get to BIOS here) > Black screen with a blinking cursor
Seems like grub is wiped out.

I have tried to do the proxmox installation in /dev/sda & then the same in /dev/sdb -- but the outcome is same - black screen

Also, the RAID status now shows as - degraded.
I did a rebuild of the RAID - after which i was showing as "Online" > installed Proxmox once more, and it came back to "degraded"

I tried installing Debian(buster), but I am not even able to complete the installation - for partition creation issues.

Hence the question, what is my next best course of action?

Kindly advice.

thanks
Dee

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!