How to mount storage using GUI

kgregc

Apr 18, 2024
How do I mount an SSD storage card in Proxmox 8.2 using the GUI. I am not good at all with the shell line command interface.

Thanks,

You will have to do that via the CLI ("mount" command for single mount or using fstab/systemd/autofs for automatic mounting).
Whats well covered by the GUI is network, cluster and guest management. For everything else, especially more exotic/advanced stuff, you will have to learn how to administrate a linux server via CLI.
PVE is using the Debian userland, so any Debian tutorial should do the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingneutron
Thanks very much for your quick reply....

OK, I will bite the bullet and begin trying and learning the CLI.

In the mean time, could you give me the code in detail to mount a single drive on one Protectli vault and the code for two drives on a separate Protectli drive.

Thanks again for the help, and take care,

OK, I found a YouTube video at "Learn Linux TV" on the mount command.... Not as simple a I thought so I will watch a few times and then give it a try.

Thanks again,

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!