How to change default location for vms/containers

Apr 30, 2024
Hello,

anyone tell me how I can set the default location for vms/containers and isos/templates without using alphabetical order?
It's annoying to change the location/move the disk every time when I don't think about it.

For example, when I want to create a container, it still uses local as the template location and local-lvm as the default disk location.
I have to change the locations to tank-isos and tank-vm-drives every time (which is especially annoying if I forget and have to move the disk manually via the UI).

I have only found this https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/change-default-disk-storage-when-creating-vm.47978/ for my problem.
Is there any other way to change the default location?

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-30 um 09.21.28.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-30 um 09.21.53.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-30 um 09.22.05.png

hi
i cannot think of another way, either you rename your other storages, or remove the content type for "local" and "local-lvm" or completely disable these two storages.

hi
i cannot think of another way, either you rename your other storages, or remove the content type for "local" and "local-lvm" or completely disable these two storages.
I had already thought that, too bad.
Later I want to create containers with fast storage, so I don't want to/can't deactivate them.
Thanks for your quick reply anyway

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!