How do I create a VLAN in proxmox?

ceyephersecurity

Mar 23, 2024
I am attempting to run two proxmox backup servers on two different vlans. My current network is on a 192.168.1.* subnet.
I need one of the backup servers to be on the 192.168.100.* subnet, and the second to be on the 192.168.200.* subnet with a vm tag of 100 and 200 respectivly.

Last edited:
I have got 2 vms speaking to each other on the same subnet now. But I am unable to access the subnet via the host. How do I make the VLAN (vmbr1) accessible via the host browser?
To clarifiy, I am running proxmox nested in VMware workstation. Workstation has the same subnets as virtual NICS. I am creating bridges via these NICS in proxmox.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!