How can I create a browser bookmark that will open the NoVNC console to a VM with one click ?

shodan

Sep 1, 2022
Example, if I pop out the console out of the proxmox interface,
I get a standalone window with URL

https://proxmox.lan:8006/?console=k...mname=Win2k19SRV&node=proxmox&resize=off&cmd=

However, strangely bookmarking this URL, won't just open the NoVNC console to VM8 on node proxmox

There's seem to be an anti-automatic mechanism to prevent this possibility.

Is there a proper way to make a "one click console browser bookmark" ?

I'm ok with disable any and all safety features in this installation, it's not connected to the internet and contains no sensitive data.
But it has to be convenient to use and so I need to open the console with one click, in the browser, preferably without installing more software ?

A link to a script on my desktop, I could live with that, if that's the only way to defeat the anti-automation mechanism.

Thank you !

Here is the what the window looks like

1686521834735.png

the bookmark should work, but only if you're logged in the pve webgui beforehand. if the saved ticket is expired, it won't work
there is no way to change this behaviour

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!