help,"Booting from Hard Disk ..." the problem

I never used virtuozzo for windows, but vmware converter should work. did you try this?

As I can not take image of windows, I can not use vmware converter.

I suggest you try a hot cloning, where the vmware converter installs an agent on the windows system. does this not work? did you take a look into the vmware communities, maybe some have similar problem there.

Hello, guys. I see this was some time ago, but since you were kind enough to go out of your way to helo Ozgur, I ask for you help.I use Fedora, the latest version (belive it's 18).

I only use it for web browsing (I use gmail and gDrive).

I have to use a program which only runs on Windows, so I have a WinXP partition to which I boot when needed.

Note that I am not good at linux or windows, I get a new drive, run windows xp, create a 40 gig partition, install it, then install fedora on top using the remeining space.I am tired of rebooting, so I installed Virtual Machine Manager 0.9.5I create a simple machine, it boots, finds the XP cd, goes through the instalation process, then rebooks to "Booting from Hard Disk..." and stops there.

I found mentions to a virtualization setting in the bios, which my computer does not have.I hear it rus all the same, but just slower.

I ran "su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing qemu-1.4.1-3.fc19'" with no luck

hear that it could be the MBR, so I try booting to the repair part of windows but once XP is installed, the text base portion of the installer refuses to run past the "setup is staring windows" message, and then I get a system bugzila (I think that's what is called) message which says qemu-system-x86-1.2.0-23.fc18.i686

I do not wish to to anything fancy, save any partitions or boot from an existing nothing.

Just create a new virtual box with XP.

Any ideas?

Gracias,

Alessio

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!