having a drop down for vlans

robertkwild

Jun 17, 2022
hi all,

i know how to add vlans to PVE, you first make a "linux bridge" and make it "vlan aware" and when creating the vm on the network tab you choose the "bridge" and in the "vlan tag" you add the vlan ID number

instead of doing the above can you make it so in the "bridge/vlan tag" all the vlans names with IDS drop down and you just pick and choose?

thanks,
rob

hi all,

i know how to add vlans to PVE, you first make a "linux bridge" and make it "vlan aware" and when creating the vm on the network tab you choose the "bridge" and in the "vlan tag" you add the vlan ID number

instead of doing the above can you make it so in the "bridge/vlan tag" all the vlans names with IDS drop down and you just pick and choose?

thanks,
rob

So you want a VLAN Dropdown with 4096 entries? If you want some more complexity in networking, you might take a look at the sdn plugin, might be overkill though.

1688735234413.png

no not all 4096 vlans just the vlans i add in the system i want to pick what vlan i want to create for that VM when i initialy create the VM, if that makes sense

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!