Hardware selection and compatibility problems

0xTR33

Mar 7, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am planning to purchase a server that I can share with my projects and team. I plan to use Proxmox for virtualization of this server. I have a few questions regarding this.
In the documentation it said RAID 5 was not recommended. (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Raid_controller) I plan to use RAID 6 for this. I plan to create an average of 15-20TB of storage space.

I plan to use a 2TB NVMe SSD for Proxmox software and image files. Is NVMe support available?

I am planning to buy a tower server. For example, the Dell Poweredge series.

I am thinking of using Intel Xeon 64 Core 128 Threats as the processor. Does Proxmox offer dual processor support?

I plan to use 128GB or 256GB ram.

Where would I encounter compatibility issues with Proxmox in this whole configuration?

I could not find any article about Proxmox's hardware limit. Can you help me?

Thanks.
Kind regards

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!