Hard Drive issues

pds24649449

Jun 25, 2023
Hi Proxmoxers!!!

I'm pretty new to Proxmox and I've a number of old PC's working with Poxmox on them. Today I wanted to add my 6th Server to my cluster but I'm having issues with 2 Disks (sda 320gb and sdb 4tb) the other 3 x 1tb drives I can add as a zfs drive (which might not be the best method but works for me) but I cannot add the other 2 as ZFS or any other way!! as you can see from my attachment Proxmox sees them but I cannot use them

Any advice, help or videos to help would be appriciated

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-25 122829.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-25 122829.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 8
You can use add disks that are not partitioned already. So if you want to use them and you don't care losing all data on them, select the disk and hit the "Wipe Disk" button first.

You can use add disks that are not partitioned already. So if you want to use them and you don't care losing all data on them, select the disk and hit the "Wipe Disk" button first.
Thanks I've already tried that and all I keep getting is

command '/sbin/zpool create -o 'ashift=12' DISK14 /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDT721032SLA380_STA2L7MT04EK8B' failed: exit code 1

I expect I'm doing something really silly but not idea what!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!