GUI file manager

jaytee129

Jun 16, 2022
Is there any way to navigate/manage Proxmox files using a GUI file manager? I'm guessing maybe some sort of VM but not sure where to start looking. I did search forum but didn't find what I was looking for.

I like WinSCP in case you are managing your PVE from a Windows Client. But for simple stuff it's usually faster to just use the good old CLI with cd, ls -la, cp, mv, tail, rsync, find and so on. Especially when using tabulator to autofill file and folder names.

Last edited:
I was thinking something that ran in the shell and don't know why I didn't think of using WinSCP. SSH-ing into proxmox with it is perfect for what I really want to do. I do use the CLI quite a bit. Just sometimes doing lots of file stuff is so much easier using GUI. Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!