Grub Error during boot after installing Proxmox

Mrt12

May 19, 2019
Hi,
I installed Proxmox on a new machine. I did the manual installation according to the guide here

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_12_Bookworm

Before I installed Proxmox, I did a basic Debian install from an USB drive using the debian-netinst. I used automatic partitioning of my NVME drive and put all the files in one partition and let the installer automatically install the bootloader. So everything was fine. The machine booted fine.

After that, I installed Proxmox according to the guide. And now, everytime when I boot, I see two GRUB errors or warnings:

error: no such device: /.disk/info
error: no such device: /.disk/mini-info

just after the Proxmox installation. I googled for these two error messages, and other people seem to have similar messages but I could not find a fix anywhere. The machine boots anyways, but if possible, I would prefer to get rid of all warnings during boot, so I wonder where these messages originate and how I can fix them. Any hints?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!