GPU removal

duus

May 10, 2024
After installing proxmox VE I could not remove the graphics card from the server, I assume it is as that changes the numbering of the network card. I accepted that for a while, but now I want to transfer the server to a actual rack chassis and that would require removing the GPU (not to mention the unnessecary power usage)

I tried following this step here:
Post in thread '[SOLVED] Remove GPU after installation' https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/solved-remove-gpu-after-installation.122780/post-535250

But after doing that (using name=enp2s0 instead of eth0), the network card absolutely refuses to connect to my network again. I tried removing the file, to no avail.

Here is my current setup:
/etc/network/interfaces
Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet manual

iface enp2s0

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 192.168.5.10/24
        gateway 192.168.5.1
        bridge-ports enp2s0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0

source /etc/network/interfaces.d*

any help would be greatly appreciated. I can only access the machine with a screen directly hooked up right now

Turned out problem was my unifi dream machine absolutely refusing to let it use the static ip i set. I have my server services on the 192.168.5.0 network while the rest of my online devices are on 192.168.1.0. Had to use dhcp in the interface setup, then tell unifi that I wanted it to be on 192.168.5.2.

Apart from that the link i added worked fine, just had to use enp2s0 as name.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!