FreeSwitch Latency on Proxmox vs VMWare

we are running several freeswitch installations without any special configurations.

normaly with "host" cpu type
1715615546464.png1715615560195.png
Here are the settings of my Freeswitch VM. Please suggest changes other than the CPU host that you think should have.

Hi,

When we were running Freeswitch VM on VMWare, we had to change the latency option provided by VMWare to get the best performance. Link: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-v...UID-206CF841-F34E-4F54-855F-DA403311CB66.html

I don't see such settings on Proxmox. Can someone please help to know the latency settings we need for the Proxmox FreeSwitch VM or Proxmox Freeswitch VM works without latency configurations?

Have you done any benchmarks or anything to measure latency or jitter to demonstrate you require more tuning?

The main setting that I am aware of, under hardware, processors, increase the "CPU units" . That should give the vm a higher priority over vms with a lower CPU units settings.

You could mess with affinity of this and other vms, so it has dedicated cores, but unless you are having issues that sounds like premature optimization and would make things more difficult to maintain.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!