Fingerprint not verified - Abort

cmurrayis

Apr 13, 2021
Hi Everyone,

We've been running a pair of clustered PMG for a couple years now and it's always had issues with the fingerprints becoming invalid every few weeks.

Is there a fix or known cause to this as usually I just edit the cluster configuration file and put the new fingerprints in and off it goes again for a few more weeks

1698730718403.png

We've been running a pair of clustered PMG for a couple years now and it's always had issues with the fingerprints becoming invalid every few weeks.

Is there a fix or known cause to this as usually I just edit the cluster configuration file and put the new fingerprints in and off it goes again for a few more weeks
Do you change your certificates that often?! - If yes - why?
If you have deployed some ACME certificate script (certbot, acme.sh,..) - this is expected - and you would just need to run
`pmgcm update-fingerprints` after getting the new certificate (or switch over to using the ACME implementation in the GUI/API, which does this for you):
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#sysadmin_certificate_management (section 4.6.8)

I hope this helps!

Do you change your certificates that often?! - If yes - why?
If you have deployed some ACME certificate script (certbot, acme.sh,..) - this is expected - and you would just need to run
`pmgcm update-fingerprints` after getting the new certificate (or switch over to using the ACME implementation in the GUI/API, which does this for you):
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#sysadmin_certificate_management (section 4.6.8)

I hope this helps!
We do use the ACME built in management - This happens more frequently than the 3 Month SSL renewal.

This happens more frequently than the 3 Month SSL renewal.
The renewal happens when the current certificate is expiring in less than 30 days, which means it will be renewed every 2 months roughly

can you share the logs of the last time you ran into the issue - from both nodes, for at least one day (24h before, and 3h after the error occurs)?

Hi, we got the very same issue - after manually forcing update-fingerprints it works again, yet we too see this issue basically every two months.
Which logs would be required to get to you?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!