Failed to start LightDM after p2v

SnakeP

Mar 18, 2024
Hello,
I have an issue with a vm from a physical machine (T5810 xeon e1650 and GPU NVidia Quadro M2000)
My pve host also own a Quadro M2000 and I configured the GPU passthrough and added it to the VM without any problem.

The problem is that I encounter the Failed to start LightDM error during Centos 7 boot and stuck on it. Terminal or logging is unavailable so I can just run a rescue disk to acces my systemfile. I tried to change settings in VM hardware without any success. Any idea ?

Try giving virtual VGA at least 128MB RAM (I use VirtIO-GPU), although with passthru IDK if it will help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!