[SOLVED] Facing issues with disk Passthrough

blocki

May 12, 2024
Hi people,

I am trying to setup TrueNAS, but I am have been facing some issues.
The root cause (after a lot of testing and troubleshooting) seems to be Disk Passthrough (could be something else, but all evidence point's to this direction).
Followed the official Disk passthrough guide here.

I install setup Truenas or OMV, set up shares etc. and just after a few minutes all VMs, CTs on the webGUI start giving a timeout.
The underlying CT or VM is running perfectly fine, just the summary pages of all of them are blank, none of the graphs appear, status is blank.
Then the disk itself stops responding, and after 15-20 mins, the VMs & CTs too start giving up, and don't respond, the only option left is to perform a forced shutdown.

Everything has been running absolutely fine for the past 2-3 months (when I got the new Thinkcentre M73 SFF), but since the past week that I have been trying to use TrueNAS, I am facing these issues.

Specs:
CPU: i7-4770
RAM: 16GB
Disk 1: 250 GB SSD (Proxmox, all VMs & CTs installed on this one)
Disk 2: 1TB HDD (trying to passthrough, SMART values don't report any problems)
Running latest version of PVE:
PVE Kernel: Linux 6.8.4-3-pve
Manager Version: pve-manager/8.2.2/9355359cd7afbae4

Let me know if more information is needed, can add the same

Last edited:
Swapped out the SATA cable and the SATA port used. Has been working fine so far.
Not sure if the port is faulty or the cable. Case closed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!