Excessive queries

xBash

Aug 2, 2023
Dunno where to start with this, it's just hapend after i update, my server keep spaming my pihole with request almost 1k queries with "banfield.local"
this cause my pihole to crash with high load.

I only have 1 VM with homeassistant and 2 CT, 1 with debian with samba share and 1 with portainer and some docker containers.

here its a picture of pihole with this domain, if i block banfield.local

problem.PNG

Or more precisely, which machine has the IP 192.168.1.179?

yeah it's keep happening if i turn off all the VM and containers

that my proxmox hosts

Maybe you have a storage configured that connects to banfield.local? Proxmox will lookup the name of remote storage often (but I would not expect that often). Can you share the /etc/pve/storage.cfg file? Do you know of banfield.local? Is it a system on your local network? Can you share the /etc/hosts file?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!