downloading qcow2 stops at 30%

avidesh

Dec 28, 2023
Hello, I am trying to install Home assistant OS on my Proxmox server. Tried the helper script but the download stops at 30%, using wget at shell results the same. I can however download the full file on another computer in the same network. Just can't get it on Proxmox. I wonder what I am doing wrong.

Disk full? Please post the complete command output and a df-h

seem to have a lot of space.
Code:
root@pve:~# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev                  7.7G     0  7.7G   0% /dev
tmpfs                 1.6G  1.7M  1.6G   1% /run
/dev/mapper/pve-root   39G  7.0G   30G  20% /
tmpfs                 7.7G   40M  7.7G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                 5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
efivarfs              192K   86K  102K  46% /sys/firmware/efi/efivars
/dev/nvme0n1p2       1022M   12M 1011M   2% /boot/efi
/dev/fuse             128M   20K  128M   1% /etc/pve
tmpfs                 1.6G     0  1.6G   0% /run/user/0

seem to have a lot of space.
Code:
root@pve:~# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev                  7.7G     0  7.7G   0% /dev
tmpfs                 1.6G  1.7M  1.6G   1% /run
/dev/mapper/pve-root   39G  7.0G   30G  20% /
tmpfs                 7.7G   40M  7.7G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                 5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
efivarfs              192K   86K  102K  46% /sys/firmware/efi/efivars
/dev/nvme0n1p2       1022M   12M 1011M   2% /boot/efi
/dev/fuse             128M   20K  128M   1% /etc/pve
tmpfs                 1.6G     0  1.6G   0% /run/user/0
managed to download another big 3gig iso via wget just now, without any issues. Somehow the issue seem to be isolated to haos qcow2 file

Are you downloading directly from Proxmox? I would download the image directly on your browser, then upload to Proxmox as you would do with an ISO...that's what I did.

Reactions: avidesh
Are you downloading directly from Proxmox? I would download the image directly on your browser, then upload to Proxmox as you would do with an ISO...that's what I did.
tried that, however I could not transfer file via scp, I get a permission denied error. Even though i tried with root access.

In which path are you doing the wget? Please post pwd and the wget command with the complete output
For example you cant do this while staying in /etc/pve/

In which path are you doing the wget? Please post pwd and the wget command with the complete output
For example you cant do this while staying in /etc/pve/
managed with a work around. Renamed the qcow file to img on a computer, uploaded that as iso image via Proxmox UI. and then imported that to the new VM. Now my HA setup on Proxmox.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!