Docker with PVE Ceph

maomaocake

Feb 13, 2022
Hi guys, as the title suggests I'm trying to get docker volumes to be stored on ceph that is integrated with proxmox. As far as I've seen the proxmox integrations does not have NFS support (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm on ceph pacific moving to quincy and PVE 7.4.3. Is there a supported way to do this? My goal is just to have my docker volumes mounted to Ceph's storage instead of local volumes in the VM's disk

I just want my volumes to be not in the VM's disk so i can move VMs in the future eg move to a newer version of ubuntu or something
Do you need shared file storage across multiple Docker nodes (VMs)? You could mount the CephFS inside the VMs.
How would I do that? Is there a guide somewhere? I'm quite new to this ceph thing.

Your VM would need to have network access to all Ceph nodes.
Install ceph-common in the VM.
Copy ceph.conf and a keyring file to /etc/ceph on the VM.
The keyring can be created with "ceph fs authorize".
Mount CephFS (or a subtree of it) with an entry in /etc/fstab.
Read the Ceph documentation.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!