[SOLVED] Disclaimer exception

Pcom

Aug 8, 2023
Milan, Italy
Hello,

I followed this guide to create a warning on top of every external mail we receive, like "this is an external mail, be careful".
It works fine and I'm satisfied, only one little problem:
some system in our infrastructure, use a cloud mail service to send mail instead of our local on premise mail server, even if mail address of these system is part of our local domain (printers, ticketing system...)
The disclaimer is applied to these mail too, which is not nice.

Is possibile to create a rule to add disclaimer to every mail EXCEPT some of them? I know the mail address to exclude, I know the public IP of the cloud mail... Maybe I can create a regex expression to exclude something? No idea how to write it. o_O

(I know I can create a whitelist with these address and an action to only "accept", no disclaimer, with priority 99. It works but I would like to keep scanning those email, I want to just remove the disclaimer not completely whitelist them)

Any other good idea is apreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
not really, but you can have some rules above the one with the disclaimer for the specific mail/ip etc. and do an 'accept' since that triggers then before the disclaimer rule it won't contain one

Yeah, I'm using a whitelist group with an "accept" and priority 99. It's not exactly what I was asking, as I wrote in the question I would like to keep scanning those mail but at the end it works and I'm satisfied.

For any other future solution I'll keep follow this thread.

Thanks.

Reactions: Andrei9385

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!