Customize Proxmo WebUI

DaniMa

Mar 20, 2024
Hello guys, I started my project thesis and I wanted to work with Proxmox. I'm using a cluster with three nodes and I've created a VM which uses Ansible in order to create VMs in any node, the playbook is working fine and I'm about to do a web app with a form which would call the ansible playbook to create the machines. What I want to do is adding to the WebUI a tab or an iframe where this web is shown so the users can create the VMs just by clicking on that tab inside the WebUI. I don't want the user to use the VM with ansible itself but the form inside the WebUI. I hope you can help me!

The only option I know is to add a markdown link in the comments field. Embedding/iframe is always a very bad idea security wise.

Thanks for your advice! This Proxmox is a virtualization inside another Proxmox, I don't think security would be a problem there!

Well, but it's possible to do right? Other option is using the RestAPI to create a new API on top of the WebUI, am I wrong?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!