Corosync issue, mismatched config files

hand363

Jan 1, 2023
Hello,

I had a two node setup with one node having two quorum votes, I then added a third node. At this time there were four quorum votes: 2,1,1 (config_version: 7). When I went to update it to be: 1,1,1 (config_version: 8). After some system restarts for unrelated reasons, each node stop seeing each other, but all accessible individually. I noticed two nodes had corosync version 7 and one node had corosync version 8.

Should I manual update the other two nodes to config_version:8? Or should I change the one node back to config_version 7?
How do I restore my cluster everything is down, thanks in advanced!!!
-Malcolm

Last edited:
@hand363 you can try to sync your cluster with this (you may need to execute the commands twice):

Code:
service pve-cluster stop
service corosync stop
service pvestatd stop
service pveproxy stop
service pvedaemon stop

Code:
service pve-cluster start
service corosync start
service pvestatd start
service pveproxy start
service pvedaemon start

@hand363 you can try to sync your cluster with this (you may need to execute the commands twice):

Code:
service pve-cluster stop
service corosync stop
service pvestatd stop
service pveproxy stop
service pvedaemon stop

Code:
service pve-cluster start
service corosync start
service pvestatd start
service pveproxy start
service pvedaemon start
Tried this twice as suggested, no luck getting any of the nodes to see one another.. should I change the corosync.conf files to match before I restart the services?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!