Cluster Join failed This host already contains virtual guests

okay. were the two nodes part of a cluster in the past?

okay. were the two nodes part of a cluster in the past?
Yes, and I don't know why the cluster fell apart. The PROX2 was offline (powered off) for quite some time (several months), but it eventually got powered back on - maybe this contributed somehow? I didn't need the VM that was on it, so I thought I had properly deleted it, but am getting the message that it isn't deleted and therefore PROX2 cannot be added back to the original Datacenter cluster.

Last edited:
could you post "find /etc/pve" for both nodes (and indicate which output is from which node)?

okay. I would recommend clearing out the PROX2 dir on PROX1, and the PROX1 dir on PROX2 (if you want to play it safe, you can just move them somewhere outside of /etc/pve), and then retry the join..

Reactions: BobParr222
okay. I would recommend clearing out the PROX2 dir on PROX1, and the PROX1 dir on PROX2 (if you want to play it safe, you can just move them somewhere outside of /etc/pve), and then retry the join..
That worked! Thank you! I cleared out the folders as directed (by moving them to a /tmp location), ran the join, and it worked!

Reactions: fabian

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!