Change NFS Share credentials

sspw

Feb 5, 2023
I have an existing NFS share on a Synology device for vm backups.
When i created the PVE storage, i used an synology account that i probably shouldn't have.

Recently, i added two factor to that synology account, and which broke my pve backup storage.
I have temporarily turned off the two-factor authen and pve backups are working again.

I have created an new synology user just for just for PVE access.
I cant figure out how to change the pve storage so it uses the new synology credentials.

Any help, with this reconfiguration will be appreciated.

Hi,

normally the user is set in the storage configuration: /etc/pve/storage.cfg, and the password is stored in /etc/pve/priv/storage/<storage>.pw. But… NFS doesn't really have authentication by default, how did you configure it in the first place?

I have an existing NFS share on a Synology device for vm backups.
When i created the PVE storage, i used an synology account that i probably shouldn't have.

Recently, i added two factor to that synology account, and which broke my pve backup storage.
I have temporarily turned off the two-factor authen and pve backups are working again.

I have created an new synology user just for just for PVE access.
I cant figure out how to change the pve storage so it uses the new synology credentials.

Any help, with this reconfiguration will be appreciated.
Your issue is mainly on the Synology DSM.

You need to add the IP of the proxmox to the list of NFS permissions in Synology

Here is their doc # https://recoverit.wondershare.com/computer-tips/synology-nfs.html

Once it's done, you will be able to connect without issues, and no username or password required

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!