Can't connect to web interface (ofc)

Grummm

Apr 30, 2024
Hi, this is the first time I'm doing anything with proxmox. I've been running a little windows server for a while and decided to get a little more serious and try out Proxmox. Well I'm probably doing something wrong cause it just isn't working.

The installation process seems to go fine until the system tries to reboot. It fails at unmounting.... stuff and says 'ignored' a few times, then it says rebooting and just stops doing anything. When I cut the power and reboot it, Proxmox starts but then I can't connect to the web interface.

The ip used for Proxmox is static and outside of the UPNP range, and the device and Proxmox are using the same gateway.

And for some reason when the pc Proxmox is running on is online all other devices connected to the same switch (except for a ps4 for some reason) lose their internet connection.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please help. I've been scavenging forums for 2 days now and I just don't know how to fix this.

Last edited:
The installation process seems to go fine until the system tries to reboot. It fails at unmounting.... stuff and says 'ignored' a few times, then it says rebooting and just stops doing anything.
It'd be good to have an actual message as it probably contains the path that it was unmounting. There is a chance that its related to the installation media, in which case the message can be ignored. There is also a possibility that the hardware you are using is not completely up to par with new Linux Kernel.
The ip used for Proxmox is static and outside of the UPNP range, and the device and Proxmox are using the same gateway.

And for some reason when pc the Oroxmox is running on is online all other devices connected to the same switch (except for a ps4 for some reason) lose their internet connection.
On the surface, it sounds like a duplicate IP issue. But without actual details of each machine's configuration - it's impossible to say.

Examine the output of "ip a", as well as, the corresponding IP settings of other devices.

It's unlikely that Proxmox (a Debian-based system used by millions) introduces something so extraordinary into the network that half the devices are unable to speak to each other. Your router is a more likely culprit. There are too many half-brain consumer-grade switches/routers out there...

In short, you need to spend a bit more time troubleshooting (ip a, ping, traceroute, mtu, etc). If you still can't find a solution - provide actual command-line output (text encoded with CODE tags).

good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it and make a new post if it doesn't work out.

So I've been trying some stuff. Most of the time I don't really know what I'm looking at, so I have a question. Could this be the problem? I don't fully understand what kernel means but when people talk about hardware being compatible with Linux the word kernel is used pretty often. So does this mean the CPU isn't compatble with Linux? It's a AMD FX 4300 and because I thought i saw a few other people with this CPU in their proxmox server I thought it was compatible.20240501_180400.jpg

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!