Cannot type symbols in proxmox console VMS

iosdev41

Feb 19, 2024
Hi all,

I have proxmox installed on my hp elitedesk 800 g3 mini, I am using the GUI interface on my web browser on my raspberry pi, from memory its just running chromium. I can type symbols ( ~ ` ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) -_ = + etc) in the web browser and in the gui itself, however I cannot type symbols in the VMs themselves when I use the console to access them. Was wondering if anyone could help?

1. please don't bump threads without new information, that won't generally help get an answer faster..
2. what are you running in the vm ? which keyboard layout/etc. ?

1. please don't bump threads without new information, that won't generally help get an answer faster..
2. what are you running in the vm ? which keyboard layout/etc. ?

Ubuntu Server 23.10 , Windows 11, Ubuntu Desktop. Keyboard languages, English US and English AU, QWERTY

what client keyboard layout do you have? (the one of the browser you use)

also can you post the vm configs (qm config ID)
and the content of the datacenter config (/etc/pve/datacenter.cfg) ?

what exactly happens when you try to input such a character?
is there anything visible in the browser console (you can open that on most browsers/os with CTRL+SHIFT+J)

what client keyboard layout do you have? (the one of the browser you use)

also can you post the vm configs (qm config ID)
and the content of the datacenter config (/etc/pve/datacenter.cfg) ?

what exactly happens when you try to input such a character?
is there anything visible in the browser console (you can open that on most browsers/os with CTRL+SHIFT+J)
Right now I have another issue which is I cannot contact or login to the Host/Proxmox GUI. However the VMs are contactable for some reason. So I can't answer these questions. I haven't changed anything in the host at all since I've replied here and it was working then..

Right now I have another issue which is I cannot contact or login to the Host/Proxmox GUI. However the VMs are contactable for some reason. So I can't answer these questions. I haven't changed anything in the host at all since I've replied here and it was working then..
can you reach the webui/ssh at all ? or is it just that the login fails?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!