[SOLVED] Cannot migrate due to missing zfs pool, butpool is not used and available . (PVE 7.4-16)

SkySpy

Jan 22, 2019
I am using a HA-Cluster with two systems. One system (sys-b) used an microSd on a USB-Reader for storing data.
It is a zfs pool. This pool is available (zpool list) and accessible.

If I am trying to migrate a container from sys-a to sys-b it doesn't work. The container doesn't use the sdpool-single-1TB.
If I am prioritizing sys-b, the container won't be available at all as migration will be started every 10s and stays in relocate state (limited to 2 in the HA settings, but this is ignored).
The happens with all of my containers / vms.

How to fix:
- The containers / vms staying in relocate state forever
- Migration impossible (wrong error message)

Code:
zfs error: cannot open 'sdpool-single-1TB': no such pool

2023-08-03 08:33:02 ERROR: could not activate storage 'sys-b.sdpool-single-1TB.proxmox.container', zfs error: cannot import 'sdpool-single-1TB': no such pool available
2023-08-03 08:33:02 aborting phase 1 - cleanup resources
2023-08-03 08:33:02 start final cleanup
2023-08-03 08:33:02 ERROR: migration aborted (duration 00:00:01): could not activate storage 'sys-b.sdpool-single-1TB.proxmox.container', zfs error: cannot import 'sdpool-single-1TB': no such pool available
TASK ERROR: migration aborted

Code:
df .
Dateisystem            1K-Blöcke   Benutzt Verfügbar Verw% Eingehängt auf
sdpool-single-1TB/data 967308032 855311744 111996288   89% /mnt/sdpool-single-1TB/data

Last edited:
Hi,
I am using a HA-Cluster with two systems. One system (sys-b) used an microSd on a USB-Reader for storing data.
HA requires at least three nodes and shared or replicated storage. You cannot use HA with local storage.
It is a zfs pool. This pool is available (zpool list) and accessible.

If I am trying to migrate a container from sys-a to sys-b it doesn't work. The container doesn't use the sdpool-single-1TB.
If I am prioritizing sys-b, the container won't be available at all as migration will be started every 10s and stays in relocate state (limited to 2 in the HA settings, but this is ignored).
The happens with all of my containers / vms.

How to fix:
- The containers / vms staying in relocate state forever
- Migration impossible

Code:

2023-08-03 08:33:02 ERROR: could not activate storage 'sys-b.sdpool-single-1TB.proxmox.container', zfs error: cannot import 'sdpool-single-1TB': no such pool available
2023-08-03 08:33:02 aborting phase 1 - cleanup resources
2023-08-03 08:33:02 start final cleanup
2023-08-03 08:33:02 ERROR: migration aborted (duration 00:00:01): could not activate storage 'sys-b.sdpool-single-1TB.proxmox.container', zfs error: cannot import 'sdpool-single-1TB': no such pool available
TASK ERROR: migration aborted

Code:
df .
Dateisystem            1K-Blöcke   Benutzt Verfügbar Verw% Eingehängt auf
sdpool-single-1TB/data 967308032 855311744 111996288   89% /mnt/sdpool-single-1TB/data
in Datacenter > Storage you can edit the storage configuration and restrict storages to the nodes they are actually available on.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!