[SOLVED] Cannot locate package multipath-tools

justarandomdude

Mar 4, 2024
I am working on upgrading our Proxmox environment. To do so, I am trying to move VMs to a SAN but first I need to set up multipath. I have done this with two prior hosts with no issues. This one seems to be giving me trouble.

I keep getting the following error:

E: Unable to locate package multipath-tools

I am using the pve-no subscription repos and am running PVE 6.2-4.

Even doing an apt search multipath-tools yields no results. Has that package been removed from the repo?

It might be that the repositories of Proxmox and Debian have been archived. I think I remember Debian moving old versions to another URL. You might need to find out where Debian 10 moved to and adjust your repositories accordingly.

I would suggest wiping that node instead, and make it the start of a new cluster with PVE 8.2 and restoring (and testing!) your VMs from backup instead of upgrading two major versions in-place (which needs to be done in three steps).

Reactions: justarandomdude
I will definitely be wiping and building from scratch. Sorry about that, I totally misspoke. What I have done with the past two nodes is move the VMs to a different node and then bring the new host into the new cluster. That has worked a lot quicker than doing something like a restore. But you may be right - it might be my only option.

I will check on the repos! Thank you!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!