Blank console after upgrade from 7 to 8.

shuhdonk

Dec 15, 2020
I upgraded my Promox 7 server to 8 but since doing this the console is blank on my windows 10 vm's. They are booted up and working but I can no longer view and use them via the console tab, ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

I upgraded my Promox 7 server to 8 but since doing this the console is blank on my windows 10 vm's. They are booted up and working but I can no longer view and use them via the console tab, ideas how to fix this?
So I assume your GUI of Proxmox is working properly - but the console in the GUI for Windows 10 VM(s) is blank.

I don't know your Windows VM setup (maybe provide the output of qm config <VMID> ), but my hunch is your VirtIO drivers are out of date. This I believe is the latest version of the drivers.

Do you have another way of connecting to the VM, like RDP, SPICE etc. If you can connect to the VM & update the drivers.

Reactions: shuhdonk

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!